Friday, August 16, 2013

Day 103


So this morning I totally blew everything off and headed to the beach because it was calling my name so loud. So loud...
But I did do the last Hardcore of the program before I left. That one is a goner, people!
At the beach I mostly caught up with some sleep: I brought my book but didn't read a single page. Just conked out. We had a couple of sandwiches for lunch and then headed off to port to the America's Cup zone to see the kids do a mini regatta. More than a regatta it was a game to see who could go faster without capsizing or who could topple who over. They had a blast and it was hilarious to watch. Here are some pics of the little dude:

They were teamed up this time. He's the one holding the sail.

He was happy to be teamed up with an older boy because he likes to go faster too

Here he is now holding the rudder

And one of the many capsizes they managed

Amazing to see kids totally dominate a sailboat and be fearless at such a young age. Hope Mikel keeps at it because I think it's another way to engage him in a cool sport. Next week, when he's off camp, we'll all go sailing and I'll post some pics of that as well. Good stuff ;)
Back home, after showering and getting that kid tucked away, I got to Balance. Such a nice practice today! Even though I had whacked my ankle with the sailboat and had some sunburnt parts of me, I was able to do the sequences nicely and felt a bit nostalgic about this being the last Balance of the program. One of my favorites, I will be sure to do that class once a week after UY. I am still practicing on some extra arm balances and hopefully I'll get them soon. Hope all of you out there who feel a bit on the fence about Balance, will soon cross over and find it as challenging and fun as I do. All that core work and strength that we have been building up to pays off in classes like these. Just fab!
For dinner I'll have some different kinds of cheese with crackers and some fresh figs for dessert.
Tomorrow instead of Yin we get Cradio as our last power yoga class of the program. A good finish for that section, yes?
Hope you get a good night's rest and I wanted to leave you with this sexy beast that I came across today on the beach. Sweet dreams and namaste!

No comments:

Post a Comment