Saturday, August 3, 2013

Day 90


Woke up early this morning, loaded the SUV and headed to Granada. It's a five hour drive, and with an eight year old and a dog we had to make a pit stop in Murcia. Well, never stopping there again: nothing to see and what was there to see was quite meh-ish. We kept at it, skipped lunch and reached our destination at 4:00 pm.
Holy crap is this place gorgeous! The pictures don't do it justice! I am posting pics from the iPhone camera, but we're taking more with our Nikon. I can't upload those here because I need my computer to do so, but when we get back I'll do a special edition -oooo fancy- and post the good ones.



The property is on the mountains of Sierra Nevada just 20 minutes away from Granada. Right down in the valley is a gorgeous lake with clear turquoise water. With no neighbors in one kilometer radius, the only noise you hear are the cicadas and the birds. The house is gorgeously decorated and kept in perfect condition. My son immediately got into his swimsuit and swam the heck out of that pool. We plopped down on that gorgeous terrace and just enjoyed the stillness of it all.
Eventually I got to Yin, and thank God it was Yin today because I think I would have totally skipped yoga if it had been Cardio or Strength or whatevs. I rolled out the mat on the grass facing the mountains and just stretched ever so peacefully. It was so relaxing and delicioulsy perfect that I doubt Yin could ever be the same. Just lovely.
We are still out enjoying the scenery because even though it's 9:00 pm, there's still daylight out and I think it'll be that way till 10 or so.
Dinner? No clue, but whatever it'll be, it'll be accompanied by a nice glass of red wine. *I'm never leaving this place*
Hope you are having a great Saturday and I'll see you again tomorrow.
Namaste.


2 comments:

  1. You have a gorgeous family, Ale! You're all genetically blessed as they say! Lol.

    ReplyDelete