Thursday, August 8, 2013

Day 95


Today I totally ignored the alarm I had set early to do Strength before we left. Totally. I overslept and barely made it out the door at a decent hour. We spent the day walking about Granada's city center: we did some shopping and bar hopping as well. The day was super hot, so WE HAD to take those breaks -hehe-.
The city is super pretty, as it lies right beneath the Alhambra. We also walked all the way up to Albayzín, which is the prettiest neighborhood located uphill Granada. The streets are all pebble stone paved and the houses are painted in white. The roof tiles are brown and the overall effect is that of the most peaceful, quiet and cozy neighborhood. Also, it has the huge advantage of having the Alhambra right across it, so the views are stunning.

View of the Alhambra from Albayzín

The Alhambra half way down Albayzín

Cute little alleys everywhere

View of the Alhambra at the foot of Albayzín *sigh*

We ate a little bit here and a little bit there. I did remember to take a couple pictures before we wolfed everything down. Here are some snails in a spicy sauce and some serrano ham with bread. We ate more tapas, but who's keeping count, right?



After spending the whole day up and down, we were pooped as we headed back home. And what was I heading home for? S.T.R.E.N.G.T.H.
Dammit.
I got to it right away, because I know that if I had given it more thought I would have completely blown it off. Right off the start my arms and legs were shaking, so you can imagine how it was. I did the whole class, but it took more than strength to do it. I honestly don't know how I got through it, but I did. Phew!
Needless to say I am beat. Pooped out. Done. Served. Half dead.
I am not even hungry I am so tired.
I am now going to die slowly on the couch while I watch some tv.
I hope you like today's pics and I'll see you all tomorrow for Balance and Hardcore.
Namaste yogi buddies.


1 comment: