Thursday, August 1, 2013

Day 88




It doesn't matter how willingly I approach Strength, it always kicks my butt. That sure is one fine strong class. My lower body can take it, but by the end of the class my arms are super tired. Each time I "suffer" less, to put it one way -but it's not actually suffering- but I don't think I'll ever be able to sail through this one.
There's a point in the class when Travis says that "Now we get out of the upper body to get into our lower body": it's right when we are squatting in straddle stretch. Well, I just don't get how we're getting out of our upper body by keeping our arms extended wide. My arms are SCREAMING at me to lower them down: shoulders burn and triceps are crying silently. But do I lower them? Hellz no! I just curse silently in my head.
After class and a quick shower we went out to run some errands and have lunch. We had a drink at lovely Mercado de Colón, which is a huge open space that has some shops, restaurants and bars. It's very close to home and the building is super cute. Here's the link for if you want to take a peek: http://www.mercadocolon.es/
Afterwards, we went to have lunch at KFC because my son just wouldn't shut up about it and we ended up caving in. I had a chicken sandwich because I was super hungry, but got an upset stomach all afternoon because of it. So today I can say that I totally regret having that sandwich.
I spent the afternoon doing chores with an upset stomach and skipped dinner all together. Want to let my stomach figure things out and be better tomorrow.
Tomorrow it's fun Friday with Balance and Hardcore. Sometime tomorrow I also have to pack our bags, load all the UY classes on my iPad and leave things at home all settled because we head out early Saturday morning to Granada for a week. Hellz yes. You are all coming with me: I'll still be writing the blog and doing the classes, at least that's my intention and I don't think my OCD would allow it otherwise. I'll post pics of La Alhambra and whatnot, so stay tuned!
Here's hoping you're all having a good Thursday!
Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment