Thursday, May 16, 2013

Day 11


Oh Yin! What more can I say about Yin that I haven't said before? Lovely practice, lovely stretches and an overall goodness feeling. One thing I can say is that thanks to yesterday's Strength, my arms are now pulp and I had a bit of trouble holding my torso over my body on my arms during the stretches. It frustrated me a bit because I enjoy stretching and all of its benefits; and not being able to enjoy it because of silly tired arms? Not fun at all. I really hope I have a better time around Strength next week because it did break me yesterday, let me tell ya.
Every day during class, my beloved Westy called Idefix keeps me company. More on the mat than off, which is kinda cute until you have to do 10 crazy rounds of Cardio. Poor thing heads for the door... Ha! Today he was much more cuddly and he hung out with me on the mat for most of the class. These are the days that I appreciate him being close the most because I love stroking his soft hair: really relaxes me. Here's a pic of him so you can meet him. I'll ask my husband to take one of us on the mat another day.

Idefix
 
For lunch I had grilled steak and artichokes with a balsamic vinaigrette. On the side I had mushrooms in a tomato and port reduction sauce. Now I know some of you are frowning upon the steak deal, and it's ok. I am a meat eater, always have been and always will be. I am cutting down on the amount of red meat I eat and I haven't had a decent steak since this whole program started -and I usually have it once a week-. I think life is too short to stop eating meat, so without further ado, here's the damn good piece of steak I ate.


For dinner I had my usual sliced turkey breast sandwich on toasted spelt wheat bread. Back up on the wagon of common sense eating, hehe. *shh. don't tell Travis because I don't wanna have to do extra yogi pushups*
Let us all be grateful for the good things in life that we have and let's enjoy the moment because, like I said, life is too short.
Namaste.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment