Monday, May 27, 2013

Day 22


Starting week four on the right foot with Cross Training! Again: this is my favorite class so far. I can do it all the way through without any modification. I do wish my standing splits were a bit better, though. Seeing as I am not very flexible in that pose my leg doesn't go very high up; but hopefully that will improve over time.
Also, I am very pleased with the way my tree pose -and balance in general- has improved over the years. I remember not being able to hold tree pose for more than five seconds. Now? Not a problem at all! I don't know if I get more wobbly in a group class and am more focused at home or what, but my balance is pretty good. Hope I can say the same when we are doing more challenging asanas like crow pose.
For lunch on this cloudy Monday -again!- I had chicken breast with vegetables cooked moroccan style. It had some colorful spices I brought back with me from my trip to Morocco earlier in the year. We had basmati rice on the side.


After a hectic afternoon of trying to catch up with my errands, I had molletes for dinner. This is a typical mexican dish and it consists of black refried beans and melted cheese on top of a toasted slice of bread. I used rye bread and Havarti cheese. On top you add pico de gallo salsa: it consists of chopped tomatoes, onion and serrano chiles sprinkled with some lemon drops, salt and pepper to taste. Take a look:


After all these wonderful things to eat and a very productive day, I go to bed not so scared that tomorrow is Cardio Tuesday. I am beginning to master Cardio Tuesday. Who would have thought?
Buenas noches!

2 comments:

  1. I am quite bored with this work out now as before I started the programme, I would do the free version on YouTube. Never mind, at least inget a break from it in round two, yeah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya! I specially remember getting bored out of my life hearing the same stories/anecdotes/jokes for 108 days, lol

      Delete