Sunday, May 26, 2013

Day 21


Dear God what a day! I can honestly say that the only hour I had of peace was the hour I did Mountain Pose. I think this is the first time I am sitting down now that I am writing the blog. Sundays are for resting? Not in this house!
Anyway, Mountian Pose was Mountain Pose. What can you really say about it? It's not hard and there's not much room for improvement there. It's just a relaxing sequence, yes?
Now Pranayama. That's a whole other thing. At least for me. I had been having trouble -awful, panicky trouble- following those long inhales, exhales and holds; so today I was not looking forward to it. As I sat ready to start, I told myself to just relax and try to get through it. Guess what? I DID IT! All five rounds of it and not a single moment of panic or breathlesness. I don't know why it happened or what changed, but I got through it all and by the end I did feel very relaxed this time. Hope this happens every time!
As for Meditation, I am not quite sure if I did it really right or if I was dozing off while doing it. Mind you I was not lying down or anything like that. I was sitting on my meditation pillows with a straight spine and all. It happened close to the end right at the japa meditation part. Suddenly I was listening to Travis and then it was very peaceful. I was hearing him but not listening you know? I felt very relaxed, quiet and peaceful. Kinda like when you're about to doze off. Now I try to meditate and all, but I don't think I have really mastered it, so I don't know if this is how meditating correctly feels like or if I was just close to conking out. Anyone out there with some insight?
After the class I was actually very hungry, so my lunch for today were some lovely prawns cooked in a spicy tomato sauce on a bed of basmati rice.


For dinner I had one of those copy cat wraps from the organic place I went to. There's no photo because I was just too tired and went ahead and devoured it.
So, people: we made it through week three! Yay for us! This is seriously one important achievement! I love the huge improvements I am seeing in my practice and the results I am seeing in my body. This makes me keep going and keep going with a big smile on my face. So here's to all of us and let's kick week four in the butt!
Namaste ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment