Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Day 23


Cardio? Check! Did it again all the way through! The first warm up series, the intense cycle of 10 sequence, yogi push-ups and whatnot. Feeling very proud of myself for making these improvements in this class that looked like it was going to be the death of me. I was tired at the end, but the good kind of tired, you know? Not exhausted like those first two weeks. I have to admit that nothing feels better than stepping into a nice warm shower right after. Ahh...
On a side note, I had been doing my meditation in the afternoons; but I've been switching it to right before bedtime these past few days and I am finding it easier to relax into it. I am more calm and since I have nothing left to do afterwards but go to bed, my mind is quieter: no more chores to do or errands to plan. The best part is that I am slipping into bed feeling so very relaxed and peaceful. I am falling asleep within five minutes! This is bittersweet for me, because I am a big reader and a book freak, so that aspect of my life is suffering a bit. I used to read for hours at bedtime and now I am conking out like a baby. I am falling behind on my Goodreads pledge to read 50 books a year. Gotta start making time during the day to sit peacefully and read for a bit. Don't want my books to start feeling lonely or forgotten ;)
For lunch today I had a watercress and arugula salad with raw bluefin tuna sprinkled with pine nuts, goji berries and sesame seeds in a soy sauce dressing.


This afternoon my custom made mala finally arrived! I had been waiting for it for a couple weeks now and I must say it was worth the wait. This mala was made using 52 robles wood beads and 2 agate beads with circle etchings for a total of 54, with smaller graywood and robles wood in between each larger wood bead. The guru bead is also an agate stone, followed by a yellow handmade tassel. I set my intention for it and started charging it right away. Simply gorgeous, take a look:


Fro dinner later tonite I had the leftovers of the moroccan chicken breast and basmati rice we had for lunch yesterday. Yum.
Off to bed early today because tomorrow Strength and Hardcore await! Hope I find it easier to get through them tomorrow. Have a great night's sleep everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment