Thursday, May 23, 2013

Day 18


Why does the class seem to fly by when it's Yin? I feel like I've just started stretching and then we're in Shavasana already. I still can't get enough of this class! Love the mellow feel I carry with me the rest of the day.
Now, I am not the stretchiest or bendiest person; I am not a pretzel yogi and I don't think I will ever be, but I have seen a huge improvement in my elasticity ever since I started practicing yoga. Years before I couldn't even touch my toes! Now I am able to tuck my hands comfortably under my feet while standing with no problems at all.
I do get a little jealous -the good kind of jealous- when I see those girls in the video rest their chests flat on the floor while doing straddle stretch. I mean: WOW! I aim for that, but really: WOW! Thank goodness Travis lets us know we can round the spine because that's where I'm at. But that doesn't mean I don't enjoy the long stretches, even if at the beginning it might feel a bit uncomfortable. The key, like I said before, is to let go. The improvement is hugely noticeable.
That being said, let's move on to the food part of the day! Today I was naughty and totally skipped eating healthy. There's this International Food Fair in Valencia for a couple of days and we always go because it's the one place where we can have some decent tacos. Here they are:


For dessert I had my favorite sweet thing in the whole planet: a dulce de leche crepe. This one is made by a brilliant mexican. Mon Dieu!


I know this is not part of the common sense diet plan; but it made complete sense to me to go to the food fair and treat myself to a damn good crepe. Hehe...


Weeeeell... for dinner I wasn't very hungry *wonder why*, so I had a Greek yogurt and an apple.
Ah well. I regret NOTHING!
See ya all tomorrow when we Detox the Mexican and French inside of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment