Friday, May 17, 2013

Day 12


Holy mother of indigestion! Talk about regretting having that steak yesterday! I had such a hard time digesting it, I think I'm gonna lay off red meat for a while. The whole afternoon my stomach was bubbling and complaining. I didn't pay much attention to it and just carried on as usual; but a few hours after dinner when I was in bed it fully struck. Stomach ached and it felt that the piece of steak was sitting right there in the back of my throat. I guess my body got used pretty fast to do without meat and really let me have it when I ate it. Talk about UY being right on every single count of the program! From now on I'm going to keep eating healthy like I started out and scratch red meat off my list for the time being.
That being said, boy am I glad today's class was Detox! It was fabulous! And the whole time I kept thinking "Squeeze that blasted piece of steak out!". Ha! Today I really flowed with the class: it was exactly what I needed. Arms were fine the whole time and I did Hardcore right away. I went back and read that last time I hadn't been able to do the "under the fence" move. Today I was able to make a first attempt at it. I actually did it; but bear in mind that my fence isn't very low and it doesn't have any barbed wire on it. Nice to see where I'll be at next week.
Today was lunch date with hubby and we went to this really cute restaurant right across the street. I think it might be the only one of its kind in Valencia: everything is organic, fresh and from local vendors. The space is really nice and open: it gives the sensation of freshness all over. The website looks like it serves only salads, which is the main attraction; but they have the menu of the day that has lots of yummy things. Even though it's in Spanish, click through it because they have some interesting dishes in their menu that we can all recreate at home. The menu tab is on the right hand side, it's sideways and it reads "Descarga nuestros menĂºs". Here's the link: http://www.begreensalads.com/
I had a lovely mixed greens salad with cherry tomatoes, goat cheese and dried figs in a raspberry vinaigrette.


And a very filling pesto wrap with mozzarella and prosciutto ham.


We give this place a big two thumbs up. Definitely will be coming back for more pretty soon. Huge props to my meat eating hubby for indulging me and having lunch at this place. I know he feels like a "rabbit munching on leaves", so... Thanks ;)
For dinner I had sliced tomatoes, avocados and cucumbers with fresh mozzarella bufala and some quinoa crisps. As you can see I'm flushing that meat outta my system!


Tomorrow we got Vitality in the books. I am a bit worried about finding the time tomorrow since my day is gonna be pretty packed; so I think I'll do this class tomorrow night, once all the madness has subsided.
Hope you had a good productive day! I know I did: I de-gunked myself!

5 comments:

  1. Figs and prosciutto and mozzarella!? Yum!

    That fence gave me trouble today, too. I think mine is low enough for some to limbo under. Maybe next week it'll get a little lower. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You should really try making that wrap at home. It was fabulous!

      Delete
  2. Loved Detox last week, wasn't feeling it this week. But I guess that's the way it flows! No more hardcore until Monday yahooooo!

    What did you do after you finished your 108 days, Ale? I meant to ask you before but kept forgetting. Are you still doing yoga now? I might try Yoga 30 for 30 with my hubby as a fall challenge later on this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! Rest those abs!
      After I finished UY I did it again a couple of times , with some modifications. Then, after a neck injury, I had to stop strenuous exercise and am allowed only walking and stretching exercises for the neck. So, not much really, but I gotta take care of my neck.
      Yoga 30 for 30 looks quite good! Specially for those days when you don't have much time, no? When you try it, let me know what you think, ok?
      Yoga on!

      Delete
    2. Absolutely you need to take care of your neck. That's why I have heeded your advice and not gone all out on the vinyasas and chatarangas. It's a long and sustained programme. Even Travis says on one of the DVDs that we should work hard, but not too hard. Part of the journey is to find that balance within us. For me, I always want to go all out and be the best, but I have to remember I am in my mid-40's now and things get strained so much easier. I am wearing wrist guards on every power yoga workout now and they have helped a lot.

      Walking is fabulous exercise too. We live by the sea so we really enjoy the fresh air here.

      Delete