Thursday, May 30, 2013

Day 25


Yin Thursday where have you been? As we progress on the 108 cycle, Yin just keeps getting sweeter and sweeter. I am 100% convinced that the classes are in the order they are for a reason. After an intermediate CrossTraining, strenuous Cradio and killer Strength, Yin is the perfect follow up. I really recommend not switching the order of these classes because I'm pretty sure the results will be heightened and much more sweeter than if you move them around. Muscles have been overworked for the past three days and Yin is the perfect succession to that. But anyway, that's my humble opinion.
Today I was finally able to go back to my perfect pigeon pose that had been hiding for the past year. I was finally able to get both butt cheeks pressed to the floor! It gives a wonderful sense of release that I had been missing. Also my chest is almost -ALMOST!- touching my thighs during seated double pigeon. I am hoping next week I'll be able to get all the way down. Who knows guys? Maybe one of these days we'll find ourselves looking like this and without a care in the world:

yeah, right
 
Moving on, I wasn't able to have lunch at home today, so we went to a cute little restaurant that makes these comforting home cooked meals. I had a mixed pasta salad with cherry tomatoes, tuna, yellow corn and black and green olives in a creamy sauce.


After that I had a creamy zaffron rice dish with shrimp, artichokes and broad beans.


For dinner I wasn't very hungry so I just had a small fruit salad with bananas, peaches and figs. No picture of that because by the time I remembered to take it, it was all gone.
Tomorrow's Detox! I won't be able to do the class in the mornings like I usually do because I have an appointment, so I'll be doing that later at night. Not thrilled about it, but I don't plan on skipping a day as long as I can help it. So, that being said, I'll see you all on the mat tomorrow night!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment