Monday, May 6, 2013

Day 1


And so it begins!
Woke up this morning feeling more than ready to start, and after doing some house chores, I had my breakfast. I have the same thing for breakfast everyday because it's yummy, quick and simple. I have a small glass of orange juice, any fruit that's in season -now I'm a fan of red plums: was getting tired of winter's apples-, a Greek yogurt and one All Bran's fruit and fiber mini cakes.


Then I walked the dog to get my digestion going and around 9:30 am I hit the mat. I did the Cross Training class and I had planned to do Hardcore in the evening; but after the class, seeing that I was already a sweaty mess, I decided to go for it. I absolutely loved it! Not gonna lie: those yogi pushups will be the death of me. I need to regain my upper body strength and I am positive these videos will get me there. Also, there were a few times when I did feel the need to scream, exactly at the point where Travis mentions it. Man! Did my thighs burn! But I was able to do it all very gracefully in the end.
I loved the pacing of the class and Travis' instructions are flawless. I didn't need to look at the screen even once: it all flowed perfectly. As for hardcore? Not a big problem for me since I am big on Pilates and have the abs well trained for it. I think doing hardcore after the class was a good choice for me because I don't want to start the class already tired; but I guess it's different for everyone, so find what suits you best.
For lunch, my husband cooked for me a very tasty quinoa, red pepper and cucumber salad with avocado and lime. We got the recipe from Yoga Journal -I put up a link at the very top of the blog- and it was absolutley delicious, fresh and very filling. No need for me to snack on anything at anytime today! Check it out:


During the afternoon I was able to do my 10 minute meditation and I found that to be the hardest part of it all, if you can believe it. It is very hard to quiet the mind, even for 10 minutes! I know this will take practice and am looking forward to improving on this aspect. I also started charging one of my malas with the intention I set for this sequence. I really need to improve on my patience and tolerance levels, so I have set my intention around these factors hoping I'll be able to be a more calm and patient person, wife and mother.
For dinner I had more of what I had for lunch since hubby cooked a boatload of salad and I don't like to waste food. I switched it up a bit by adding some toasted spelt wheat bread and made a sandwich of it.


Well, there ya have it. Feeling very good about myself and also feeling curious as to how my body will react tomorrow when I do the Cardio class. Those biceps are gonna be screaming for mercy, I'm sure; but I'm all for it.
Hope you had a wonderful day in this 108 journey we're taking.
Much love and see you tomorrow!

 

6 comments:

  1. Man I wish I had a quinoa chef at my house, Dude - jealous - that looks yummy! I will check in once I finish the core part. (And did you actually abstain from booze even on Andoni's birthday??)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I don't think I would be able to do the food thing if I had to cook it myself, you know? Just glad he's such a foodie and is willing to help me out. Let me know how the core part goes. And what you said about meditaton and finding a quiet spot? Impossible over here! There's always noise from the street or from wandering people outside. Think I would have to do it at 3:00 am... NOT! Ha! And yes. So far no alcohol runs through my veins. O_O

      Delete
  2. I like the "so far" part - day two! HA -- no, I know you are serious, woman. I applaud you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe... I'm more worried about the eating clean part and doing the classes on the weekend. It's the weekend, dude! C'mon..

      Delete
  3. Day 1 in the books! 107 more to go. So glad to hear that "I loved the pacing of the class and Travis' instructions are flawless." The quinoa salad looks incredible. I eat a lot of quinoa. Rich

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed on the quinoa: so rich and filling. Also so many ways to cook it, it's just perfect.

      Delete