Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Day 16

 
Holy shit I did the whole class! No child's pose rest for me today: I did it all the way through. Full yogi pushups and all! I can't believe the serious amount of progress I have seen in only two weeks and a half. It's pretty amazing. Going back and reading that first Cardio class and comparing it to today has left me very surprised. I'm much more motivated than before and am very eager to see all the ways I'm going to improve with this program. I was pretty tired by the end of the class, but not as much as I had been before. I even contemplated doing tomorrow's Hardcore because I am now fearing Strength. That class drains the life outta me! But I figured the classes are in the order they are for a reason; so I let it be and will face my demons tomorrow. As for today? I am extremely proud of myself. Even my sweet lil' Idefix was giving me the high five for doing so good:
 
 
Today was a bit cloudy and chilly -where the hell did Spring go?- so we had a nice warm bowl of chicken and veggies soup. It had carrots, zucchini, potatoes, mushrooms and leek.
 
 
For dinner I made a copy cat of the wrap I had the other day at the organic restaurant across the street. I bought some multigrain wraps, mozzarella, prosciutto, pesto and dried figs and wrapped it all for one mean homemade wrap dinner. I even got the grill marks going! *nom nom*
 
 
Not bad for a Cardio Tuesday, that's for sure. I am now realizing that the class I dread the most is Strength. Hopefully I'll come back one day soon, read this and laugh thinking "Why the hell did I find it so hard? Piece of cake!". No quote is more fitting for today than the one above from UY: "I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then" - Lewis Carroll.
Namaste everyone.

2 comments: