Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Day 31


Oh dear. Strength gets me every frickin' time. This class is badass and no kidding!
The start is rough: the grabbing one leg with your arm in down dog burns like a mother. All those chadurangas, yogi pushups and planks are killer. The side arm balance flow is a sin and the squatting down low and standing on tip toes is a plague on both your houses, as Mercutio eloquently puts it.
Having vented very sophisticatedly, I have noticed progress in upper body strength, but I still dump myself on those three last chadurangas during side arm flow. I am glad this is a home practice because what comes out of my mouth ain't pretty. Just hope that when I go back to group class I'll have that presence of mind and just say those things in my head.
HardCore right after sucks big time. Big time. Like humongous. But what ya gonna do about it, but just do it, right? Meh.
Today I finally was able to meet up with a dear friend of mine for lunch. We went to the organic place I liked so much and we sat on their lovely terrace and had zucchini cream chilled soup with crunchy bits of prosciutto and ravioli in spiced butter sauce. OH NOM NOM!


The waiter gave each of us a lovely potted mini plant of petunias for us to take home. Never underestimate the power of two hotties having lunch... hehe ;)


Later, in the afternoon before my son got home from school, I did the 10 minute meditation and wow was it hard today! I couldn't stop singing this song in my head! Hard as I tried, the damn tune came back. Pictured ocean waves and whatnot, and the tune played in the background. Focused on the breathing and P!nk just kept on singing *sigh*. In the end I just gave in and let the song play. Oh well, better luck next time.
I didn't get to watch the Flexibility DVD because the day just flew past me; but fear not! I'll get on it tomorrow.
For dinner I had a fruit salad with apples, bananas, figs, peaches and green melon. It was a big salad, mind you: I was hungry. So hungry I didn't remember to take a picture of it.
Well peeps, tomorrow we can kiss Yin goodbye because it's not gonna be there for us. Detox awaits with all those sweet twists because we turn into rabbits the day after tomorrow. So, stock up on all your animals today and tomorrow because no mo' for the three days after.
Sweet dreams ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment