Monday, June 10, 2013

Day 36


Hallelujah we made it through the first 36 days! What an accomplishment! I admit it hasn't been a smooth ride, specially at the beginning when we were all sore and tired as hell. Also having to make time during the weekend to fit in those classes when all we wanna do is take a break. But it's been very encouraging to see all these amazing results and improvements in our lives: from more strength to more determination and commitment; from more physical toning to more peace of mind. The results can be felt and seen everywhere! What a wonderful program this is and how lucky are we to be able to participate in it. Much congratulations to everyone out there sticking through it and making huge changes in your lives. It isn't easy, but the best thing in life aren't, yes?
So, today after savouring a much missed Greek yogurt and an All Bran mini fruit cake, I weighed myself again. I hadn't done so since we started on May 6th, where I weighed 126 lbs. Of my body mass 27.1 was fat and I had a daily calorie intake of 2088. Today I weighed 125 lbs and my fat levels are at 26.6. My daily calorie intake is at 2081. So as you can see there is no real fluctuation there and I really wasn't expecting any. I will weigh myself again at the end of phase two of the program.
I then hurried up to finish my errands and at noon I headed out to Port Saplaya's marina. Port Saplaya is known as Valencia's little Venice because it's all gorgeous chalets and apartment buildings connected by all the canals of the marina that eventually lead out to open sea.
Anyway, I set my mat up on a nice shady walkway and got to my 36 Sun Salutations. I had lovely views all around me and a cool sea breeze was constantly blowing. I know it's only 36, but it truly was very emotional! It wasn't tough at all to do them -I think we end up doing more chadurangas in Cardio, no?- I wonder how it will feel to do 72...
Anyway, here are some pics of today's practice. I do notice a better toning of the body, specially thighs and arms.

Getting ready
 
Sun Salutation #1
 
Inhale
 
Forward fold
 
Plank pose
 
Cobra
 
Getting ready to jump forward
 
Inhale
 
Sun Salutation #36 bliss
 
Me at day 36
 
After a very nice and happy practice, we ate at a favorite restaurant of ours in Port Saplaya's beach front. I had a mixed greens salad with chunks of brie and camembert and dried fruit in a sweet vinaigrette.


For my entree I ordered a very typical dish here in Valencia called "meloso de bogavante". It is a small cauldron with wet rice and chunks of lobster from the Mediterranean. The broth in which the rice is served is from the lobster. I love this: it's very succulent.


After a lovely meal, we headed back home and I went to have a massage in a spa close to home as a little reward for sticking through these 36 days. Oh man. It was just what I needed. This day couldn't get any better.
For dinner I kept rewarding myself and had a small plate of jamon Ibérico with some slices of rye bread. Oh how I had missed thee! I also had a couple of cheese triangles from the Laughing Cow. She ain't laughing no mo'.


Tomorrow we face Balance, HardCore and a 20 minute meditation session all on our first day of the second part of the program. Easy peasy lemon squeezy? I think not. May the force be with us and may we keep getting stronger by the day.
Sending good vibes your way! Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment