Saturday, June 22, 2013

Day 48


Oh man. As hard as I tried to do Detox in the morning it just wasn't possible. At least I was able to do Hardcore and got it out of the way. One less thing to sweat about later tonite ;)
I hurried along my day till my son's friend arrived. I gotta tell ya: I sure am glad I have a boy! They are so easy to please. You just give them a soccer ball and their day is made. They played till they were a sweaty mess and by lunchtime they were starving. We all had cheeseburgers to eat and they both wolfed down two each.


They kept playing all afternoon and then we took them for an ice cream. It was so hot out that I had one myself. I had an orxata flavored one. Orxata is made from tiger nuts, which are a very particular kind of nuts that are cultivated here in Valencia. The ice cream has a very fresh nutty flavor: not too sweet and not too nutty. Not quite sure how to explain it, but it's very yum.
Afterwards, we dropped off my son's friend and headed back home. I got on the mat right away thinking that I was gonna have a hard time completing the class. Turns out I was wrong: it all went very smoothly -except that crazy part of standing splits- and it was over before I knew it.
The thing with me and doing yoga later in the day as opposed to doing it in the mornings, is that I feel so tired and burnt out after the class! In the morning it's quite the opposite: I feel refreshed and with energy to face my day. Does this happen to any of you out there?
I'm also worried about tomorrow and doing Cardio early and feeling the fatigue from my muscles that haven't quite recovered from this afternoon's class. Oh well. As long as they get done, I can take a snooze later at the beach, no? Wish me luck!
For dinner I kept it simple seeing as I had one of my husband's sinfully good cheeseburgers and had some fresh fruit and a Greek yogurt. Sorry that there isn't a picture of it, but I forgot to take it because my mind was all over the place: my mom was just talking and talking and talking and talking and.... you get the idea, yes?
Tomorrow it's Sunday and Cardio awaits. Going to bed early tonite hoping to recover as much as possible. We are heading to the beach and then having dinner at a friend's house later, so blog will be a bit short and sweet; but it will be here.
Hope you're all having a wonderful weekend! Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment