Friday, June 7, 2013

Day 33


Hello to all of you vegan yogis out there! Today we kick off with a healthier way of eating and give vegetarian lifestyle a try. I imagine most of us already eat mindfully and incorporate a lot of veggies and fruit in our diets and not so much animal protein; but it's interesting to give it a full go and experience true vegetarianism. I'm sure there are very happy animals out there prancing in the meadows rooting for us to finally turn vegan.
It's also interesting that you have to be very careful as to what you buy being vegan. Not only do  you have to avoid the actual pieces of meat, but you have to read labels like a madman to make sure the product doesn't have any milk, butter, eggs and such. You think: "Oh, I'll have myself some pasta today!". Well friend, make sure you buy a pasta that doesn't have eggs in it because if not you're not fully vegan.
Today we stocked up on some beautiful veggies and fruit and are planning some very tasty menus for these three days. At the end of these days, I'll let you all know what I think of being fully vegan and if I'll keep at it or not. Stay tuned for that!
As for this morning, I looked sadly at my Greek yogurts and my All Bran mini cakes and prepared myself a nice big fruit plate instead. I had apples, red plums and green melon. I sprinkled some cayenne powder on it just for kicks.


I went ahead and did Mountain Pose in my pj's and was done in thirty minutes. Yay! I had the full day to do other things! My morning was perfect and I didn't have to rush anywhere. I really savored today's easy, relaxing class and enjoyed the rest of my day peacefully. UY really does take a chunk of your time everyday and it's nice to get a little break.
For lunch I had a gazpacho style wheat berry salad. It had cucumbers, tomatoes, red bell peppers and onions seasoned in a vinaigrette made with tabasco sauce, wine vinegar, lime juice, olive oil, sea salt and Worcestershire sauce. It is the perfect dish to have on a hot sunny day: very refreshing.


In the afternoon I went and pampered myself and had a much needed Keratin treatment for my hair. It lasts for three months and leaves your hair looking fabulous. It's a bit on the pricey side, but totally worth it: specially with the summer already here and the beach taking a toll on my hair.
For dinner I had a mixed greens salad made with all those good veggies we got this morning. It had cucumbers, carrots, onions, alfalfa sprouts, goji berries and pine nuts in a creamy green apple balsamic dressing.


I also had a slice of low-fat vegan banana apple chunk bread with a fresh fig on the side.


Tomorrow is a busy Saturday for us: soccer tournament for the whole day in a town nearby. I will do the Gentle class at night for sure and will report back to you guys later.
Hope everyone is enjoying the vegan diet and having a wonderful relaxing Friday. Namaste!

4 comments:

  1. I am making an attempt to be vegetarian today and will let you know how I get on later lol. I am not even going to try vegan as I already had a super milky coffee this morning ha ha.

    I am so glad we have three days to rest as my poor body is exhausted, especially my butt and thighs. I still go line dancing once a week and that is very vigorous too and adds to my tiredness ha ha. I can't skip it for 108 days as I would forget all the steps!

    Am going for a sports massage this afternoon as a little treat for finishing the more strenuous part of the first cycle. Wooo hoooooo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I remember those vegan days and let me tell you I don't miss them at all. Like we said before: life is too short and food is too important! Don't stress yourself about the food: you are getting loads of benefit from the exercise and the body is so damn tired it needs our regular diet.
      That being said do enjoy our massage: it is much deserved!!

      Delete
    2. Hope ou had a good day, Ale! Did you buy lots?

      Sports ,stage was divine though painful in places lol. I managed to stay vegetarian all day but I miss meat! We are going to a friend's for dinner tomorrow and his wife is making beef and guess what? I am going to eat it! Ha ha.

      I may go vegetarian on Sunday and Monday just to get into the spirit of it. But then again, I may not! I will decide on Sunday morning ha ha.

      Delete
    3. I did buy all the yarn I could carry and then some! Gotta stash it discreetly so my husband won't go ballistic on me, lol
      You go ahead and eat that beef! And enjoy it! Who knows what tomorrow will bring and you can't be the person who goes: "I'm vegetarian" at a friend's house, hehe.
      Let me know what you decide on Sunday. Rest and have a good one ;)

      Delete