Friday, June 21, 2013

Day 47


Yes. I love Gentle Yoga. I do. What's not to love about it? Maybe that yogi squat, but it's only for a second or two. I had been running like a mad woman in the morning trying to get all the things that I needed to do done and by the time I stepped on the mat I was running on fumes and had my mind wandering all over the place. The minute I started tapping into my breath and doing the simple Sun Salutations sans Downdog it all slowly started to fade away. I think I did the whole class with my eyes closed I was so relaxed. Breathing and flowing, flowing and breathing. There's something that Travis says on the Mountain Pose series DVD that stuck with me today; and it's when, as we are swooping our arms up, he says "it's like moving water". Well, today I pretended the whole class that I was moving my arms through water. It was fantastic! It gave the movements so much more intention and mindfulness. It felt just wonderful. Have you ever tried it? I seriously recommend it! Not during a fast moving class; but maybe during Gentle, Yin and Mountain Pose. Just lovely!
After the class I went back to my hectic day but with a much calmer mind. I met up with my mother and sister (sister is visiting from Madrid, too) and we had lunch at one of our favorite tascas here in Valencia. I had steamed mussels and snails in a very rich spicy tomatoe sauce. I know snails aren't everyone's cup of tea; but I certianly do like them and these were very nom nom.

 
 
Afterwards we picked up my son on his last day of school in his current school. Come September he is attending a new one. Needless to say we were all very happy to say goodbye to that stage of our lives. My son is super excited to go to a new school and I feel very blessed to have such a mellow kid who loves and welcomes change. Today's UY quote is very fitting: "Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself", Rumi.
Anyway, for dinner we all had sushi. I have no clue what the rolls I chose are called, but here they are:

 
 
So first day of mom's visit went quite well. We were super busy, so it just flew by. Tomorrow we have one of my son's soccer buddies over for lunch and playdate, so it's bound to be a noisy day. A good kind of noisy day. I will definitely do Detox and Hardcore in the morning because I don't think there will be time to do so afterwards.
Hope you all had a fab Friday and we'll see each other on our magic carpets tomorrow. Namaste!

No comments:

Post a Comment