Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Day 38


Today's Wednesday's Strength. I thought it would be killer after Balance but Strength is always the same no matter what: an ass-kicker. This time I couldn't do the class in the morning because I had an appointment, so I ended up doing it after lunch.
For lunch today we were celebrating our good fortune from this morning's meeting so we decided to grill some very tasty lobsters. We had the freshest cockles in a buttery lemon sauce and a mixed greens salad with an apple cider vinaigrette. Loads of yumness going on here:

 


After an hour or so I did my 20 minute meditation and then got on my mat to face Strength off in the face. Damn that class is intense! I just keep wanting to hear Travis say: "That was mega. That was colossal", because when he says that the class is about to be over.
I did the class just fine today, but found myself to be very tired the rest of the day. Don't know if it was because of the mini break we got over the weekend due to finishing the first round or if it was because I did it in the afternoon. Who knows. I did pop a couple Advils though and relaxed on the couch as much as I could. Hopefully next week it won't hit me as hard.
For dinner I had sliced fresh goat cheese and figs with some Carr's Original Melts crackers. I had an All Bran mini fruit cake as dessert.
 
 
Well, tomorrow we have Flexibility for the first time! I am looking forward to that one: looks like a nice flow with some deep stretches afterwards. One thing I noticed today is that we have freak Cardio on Sunday. ON SUNDAY. EVERY SUNDAY. What the hellz, man??!! It's SUNDAY. Oh big mega pfft. Humongous pfft. *my computer screen is now showered in spit from all those pffts*
Have a good night everybody! And try not to think about Cardio on Sunday. ON SUNDAY.

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha it's funny but I love Strength though it's very hard. But then I am not keen on Balance. It's a good thing we are all different or life would be a very boring place! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okeydoke. Replying a bit late but I was submerged in boxes from moving houses, lol
      I do recall I was the odd one out loving Balance among the group of yogis with which I did UY. In the end some started liking it! I say it's all about practice. Plus I have always leaned towards arm balances and the like, so there's that influencing my opinion, I guess.
      What I never did end up liking was that witch called Strength;)

      Delete