Thursday, June 6, 2013

Day 32


Aaaaarrghhh! Today is our last day of eating things that go moo and oink and whatnot!! We turn into rabbits tomorrow! Hehe...
I'm not really worried about going vegan for three days. It's just three days! I can perfectly live without animal protein in my diet; in fact I think I have gone longer than three days at some point without even wanting to.
What I will be missing terribly is my oh so yummy Greek yogurt in the mornings and my All Bran's fruit and fiber mini cakes. How I love those mini cakes! So perfect for breakfast and so filling in any snack craving. Healthy too. Oh well. I'll try not to think about them too much.
Moving along, Detox was in the roster today. A funny thing happens to me in this UY program. I have like identified Cardio and Strength as the ass kickers of the program and I treat them with respect. The others I just jump happily into them and then halfway through I am like "Dear mother of God. Detox has this bit of torture right here. How could I have forgotten? Detox is kicking my ass!". Same goes for Cross Training and Vitality. They are sneaky bastards, yes?
Well, after a little bit of Detox torture out on the terrace, I headed out to lunch with hubby to the same place I went yesterday: the organic restaurant. Their menu just looked lovely and I had to repeat. Today I had chilled red pepper, white asparagus and parsley cream soup, gnocchi bolognese and those two cute lil' peaches for dessert.


After a much better meditation session than yesterday's, I helped my little dude study for his freak Chinese, Calculus and English exam tomorrow. Yes. He has three final exams tomorrow. He's eight freakin' years old, by the way. Pfft.
For dinner I had a very rich bowl of pozole that my husband cooked. Pozole is a traditional mexican dish that has hominy corn, shredded pork and radishes in a pork broth that has tomatoes, cumin, garlic, oregano and hot peppers blended in it. Very tasty and a good way to send myself off into the ways of the vegans tomorrow.


Well friends, another day gone and just three more to our 36 Sun Salutations! Super excited about completing this first part of this wonderful program. Namaste everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment