Friday, June 14, 2013

Day 40


Wow. Forty straight days doing yoga. Never stopping, swapping or ditching. Forty days. Doesn't seem as much, but it's FORTY days already! Where does time go? I feel that since I started the UY program, my days just fly by. Well, you know what they say: time flies when you're having fun, yes?
And fun is exactly what I had today with Gentle Yoga. After yesterday's fiasco, Gentle was just what I needed. A slow and sweet flow that made me look deep inside and to just let all those bad vibes go. Sure I had a little disagreement with Flexibility; but I'll try to mend our relationship next Thursday and hopefully I'll have a more positive, objective review of it. We all have those crappy kind of days and I am grateful for all these wonderful friends I have met through UY's Facebook group because they give me the support, nudge and kind words that I need just when I need them. So for that: thank you friends, from the bottom of my heart!
As you can see, Gentle put me in a very good, mellow mood and I got my mojo back. School is almost over, vacation is around the corner and I'll be hitting that beach every day, God willing. Good news all around me, catching up with good friends... life is good. To quote One Republic on one of their wonderful songs "We all got our stories but please tell me what there is to complain about."
Now, on to food matters! Husband and I headed out to buy our kid some cool summer clothes because the little guy grows by the freakin' second and his clothes from last year don't fit anymore. We got carried away and ended up having lunch at a restaurant nearby. I had a nice bowl of gazpacho as an entree and for the main course I had fideua with a fresh salad on the side. Fideua is a typical dish of the Valencian Community. It's very much like a seafood paella, but instead of rice, it's cooked with thin noodles like vermicelli. Check it out:

 
 
In the afternoon we went to the birthday party of one of my son's friends from soccer. My son had a blast and so did his parents. We talked and talked with all our good friends that we hadn't seen in a while and it was really good catching up with them. My throat is sore from all the chatting ;)
Back home I just had some fruit and my beloved Greek yogurt: lunch was very filling and I wasn't very hungry.
Now all that's missing is the 20 minute meditation. I'm off to do it right this second because yesterday it was so late and I was so tired I dozed off twice and was startled awake when head started to tilt forward. It must have been quite the sight...
Tomorrow we detox like beasts and then kick Hardcore in the gut. Sleep well friends, so you can get your kung fu skills going.
Namaste.

2 comments: