Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Day 45


Holy crap. Please remind me never, ever to fool around with arm balances the day before Strength. Wow did I feel those today! I knew I was in trouble when arms started to shake right from the start. I got through the whole class without modifications -except for my yogi push ups: I still do those bastards on my knees- but man, oh man was it hard. I was silently screaming for mercy in that last arm balance flow and then we still had to do that freakin' balancing pose on our tummys and full bow pose. Pfft. I was a sweaty mess by then. And then our reward is Happy Baby pose. I HATE Happy Baby pose. What the hell is up with that weird assed pose? Only babies can be happy doing that. For me it's awkward and painful and I just can't seem to get my tailbone (cute word for ass) down on that floor. Man was I glad that was over and done with. On to something else, which for me was to drag myself down the stairs and dry swallow an Advil. Gah.
For lunch I did reward myself with something serious and not with some lame Happy Baby pose. I had a nice juicy grilled steak with grilled asparagus and broccoli on the side. I need to rebuild those muscles that silently died today folks.


In the afternoon I went to my son's last soccer training session for the season and just relaxed catching up with some friends.
Back home, after tucking in my lil' man, I had a little bit of jabugo ham with a couple of Laughing Cow cheese triangles spread on some good old fashioned whole wheat bread. I was too tired to do something else, honestly. And I was also too tired to go get my phone that was in the other room to take the pic for the blog. Oops.
Now I have to go meditate -aka snooze- for twenty minutes. No, seriously tho, I hope I don't fall asleep sitting down because the fall hurts friends, and I have been hurt enough for one day.
Tomorrow we have a date with Flexibility. I am hoping this second time around things will go better for me, because last time it was not pretty. I'm not sure if I'm gonna have to do the class again later at night; but I'll try to work things out so I can do it early in the morning when the body is fresh and not so tired.
Wishing you all a good nights' sleep, I'll see you on the mat tomorrow for day 46!

No comments:

Post a Comment