Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Day 52


I am so tired it's ridiculous. Funny thing I don't think it was actually Strength's fault this time. Here's a short version of my day.
In the morning I started doing chores around the house, which has gotten more complicated because my son is now on vacation and his soccer summer camp hasn't started yet; so that alters my routine a bit. After trying to get things in order, I rolled out my mat to meet Strength in the face.
Now, listen carefully -or read carefully- Strength wasn't so hard to do as last week. I said "wasn't so hard to do" I didn't say "it's easier to do". I don't think Strength can ever be easy, but at least it wasn't so tough as before. I still end up in a big puddle of sweat and arms are tired, but the class went by quicker than before. I am not calling this a success because I think it was just a glitch in time. We'll see what happens next week. I am not ready to get all softie with this one.
After hurrying up again, we went to have lunch to a favorite restaurant of mine called Delicat. We are eating out a lot these days because remember my mom is here visiting, so we take her to our favorite eats so she can have a good time. Paco, the chef was the sous chef of a Michelin star chef here in Valencia, so he can cook up one damn good meal. He serves a fixed menu for everyone and it consists of five small dishes that show his range of technique and connoisseur. Today he offered us five wonderful bits of heaven. Here they are:

Creamed corn soup with crunchy bits of corn kernels and chives
 
Sashimi salmon salad with avocado and potatoes in a japanese mayo
 
Fish briouat in a citric reduction sauce
 
Black noodles with alioli cuttlefish and glazed lemon
 
Wildberry homemade sorbet with a scoop of yogurt (homemade also) and peaches

After this wonderful meal, we went back home to prepare snacks because one of my son's friends from soccer and his mom came over for a playdate. The kids had a freakin' good time and we chatted the afternoon away. My mom was here, so she participated in the "chatting" and she let me know three times that she plans, in the future, to come each year and spend several months here and then go back to Mexico City.
SEVERAL MONTHS. SHE TOLD ME THREE TIMES. Several months EACH year. You have no idea the state of mind I am in. This is why I am so tired! Mom's visit has turned from 'fine' to 'nightmare', as usual. Here is where the fun for all of you out there begins and the torture for me starts. There is no way in HELL I can have my mom over here for several months. I will move first. No way in hell. I am sweating just thinking about it again. I can  barely do with the 15 days she comes in the summer and the 15 days she comes in Christmas, imagine several months. By day 10 I am already a wreck, I can not think what several months will do to me.
Needless to say, I was not hungry at all for dinner time, so I am just gonna pop in a Xanax as soon  as I press 'publish' and am hitting the sack in hopes I will be able to get some sleep.
All of you out there please go ahead and say a little prayer for me and let's all hope that it was just a bad joke and that it will never ever happen. Ever.
Australia is looking more and more appealing each passing day.
Pfft.

No comments:

Post a Comment