Monday, June 24, 2013

Day 49


Holy cow it's late folks! I just got home and my eyes are closing; but I promised a daily blog, so here we are. This is dedication: pure dedication, or madness. At this point I'm not sure...
So, today I did the class before going to the beach and I am glad I did because if not I would be rolling out that mat right now and it is 1:30 am on this side of the pond.
Today was one of those days that I was about to completely skip doing yoga. I was dog tired and I had only woken up! I didn't get enough hours sleep time and it was a restless sleep, so I seriously considered bailing out. It would have been my first time to do so also: I have not skipped one single day yogis!
In the end, my OCD won and I rolled out that mat thinking I would have to come to child's pose more than once. Boy, was I wrong! I thought the first series of five would kill my thighs and I would have to rest; but I did them all like always. For the cycle of ten I was sure I'd be down on my knees by cycle six; but I was able to do all ten of them like always, but there was one big difference. All those other times I had been breathing double time for the cycle of ten -2 inhales and exhales instead of one-. Today I was able to breathe exactly as instructed by Travis and by the end of the cycles I was sweating and my heart was racing; but the breath was calm.
Needless to say I was grinning like an idiot for the rest of the day. Wow! I have really improved miles and miles from that first time doing Cardio and we're not even halfway through the program! It felt wonderful, let me tell ya.
I then rolled that mat back up and went to the beach where I immediately died and napped till lunchtime. I had one of those homemade sandwiches and a fresh peach for dessert. Of course, I napped right after.
After the beach, we got home, took a quick shower and changed to go have dinner to one of our dearest friend's house. There we had delish raclettes for dinner and we chatted the night away.
I apologize for not having any pics today of the food, but one: it was a pretty hectic day and two: I just felt weird asking to take a pic of my friend's raclettes, you know?
So there ya have it folks. I promise I'll do a better blog tomorrow, but right now I really just wanna jump in that bed and get some shut eye.
Tomorrow is Mellow Monday and all will be calmer.
Sending good vibes your way! Namaste.

3 comments:

  1. Doing cardio then walking miles in Whitby, North Yorkshire was exhausting but I am keeping on at it as I don't want to skip a day as I have made it this far lol. I foamed rolled my entire body in the afternoon when we got back to the B&B and then used this chamomile and clove gel on my very tired and sore muscles lol.

    Almost halfway through the challenge and I am getting tired. Doing it at home is one thing, but doing it while on holiday,I find it a bit more difficult to motivate myself. Very happy tomorrow is Mountain Pose. 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya. I went on holiday to Granada while doing UY and it was quite the challenge keeping up with it. Just so you can see the level of dedication -or OCD- I had with this program, I ended up doing Strength at midnight after walking through the whole Alhambra. Just keep reading. It's all in here ;)

      Delete
    2. OMG you are a machine! I can't exercise at night. I do it after I have had a coffee in the morning. Otherwise I just won't do it!

      Delete