Saturday, June 15, 2013

Day 41


Bless my stars I slept till 11:30 am! It felt so good! Of course I am regretting it now that I have to do Detox before dinner; but still it was wonderful to sleep till late. My body really needed it.
I did do Hardcore before lunch so as not to tire the body too much before bed. As I was doing Hardcore my son asked me what I was doing. When I told him that I was doing ab work he asked how many was I doing and for how long. I told him I do 300 crunches in under 20 minutes and he was all O_O. He said: "Wow mom, you sure are strong!". And that folks, made my day.
For lunch today we had chicken cordon bleu with saffron rice and red bell peppers on the side. It's one of my son's favorite dishes.


After lunch we had my son's last soccer game of the season and it was a very tight match. We ended up winning 5-4. By the time we got home it was a bit late, so after I took care of all things kid related, I got right to Detox. I did the class outside on the terrace since the breeze was blowing ever so nicely after such a hot day. Everything went just fine and I felt that I could endure better and with a calmer mind that itty bit of torture there right at the end where we do reverse half moon pose and the standing splits. Standing leg burns like a mother, but I was able to remain way much calmer than before. So I guess that even through the torture I am seeing progress. Yay! Here's me in extended triangle pose:

Utthita Trikonasana
 
For dinner I had a mixed greens salad with fresh goat cheese, pine nuts, alfalfa sprouts and bits of prosciutto in a balsamic vinaigrette.


Well yogis, tomorrow we have Cardio. Yes freakin' Cardio on a Sunday. I will set up the alarm clock to get up a bit earlier and do the class in the morning because I am hitting the beach all day. It's calling my name and I just can't keep ignoring it. Hopefully I will get out of bed when alarm goes off; if not, I will end up doing the bloody class before dinner. So we will see how that goes -not well, I'm sure, but hey! I'm going to the beach-
Sweet dreams!

2 comments:

  1. sounds like a good day, and you look fab in extended triangle :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good day indeed! And thanks for the compliment Jay ;)

      Delete