Saturday, June 8, 2013

Day 34


What a sweet lil' thang Gentle Yoga is! It's now moved up to my top three fave ones. Lots of gentle moves, sweet stretches and that triangle pose arm flow is just divine. He mixed one of my favorite poses and added a nice feel good movement for those shoulders. Brilliant!
Only tough part I came across was the infamous yogi squat. My hips went aaaaaa!!! but it was a nice stretch once I relaxed into it. One of the best hip openers there are for sure and an excellent introductory pose to move on to crow, so be sure to squat down low so you can later ease into Bakasana.
Today was a super early morning for us as we headed down to the soccer tournament that took away all of our Saturday morning. We headed back home close to lunch time, and with no time to cook anything, we headed out to a nice italian restaurant close to home. I had THE ONLY vegetarian dish they had -blasted be this Spanish culture of trash eating- and ordered a vegan trofie pasta in a light pomodoro sauce.


Doesn't look very good, yes? That's because it wasn't. Bleh.
We got back home and I got right on to Gentle class. But not before having to place my sweet lil' Idefix someplace else because he was just too comfy soaking in the afternoon sun lying on top of all my yoga gear. Awww shucks.


Gentle gave my day the calm it needed, the stretch it wanted and the wisdom it craved through Travis' monologue. I absolutely love this guy! I can't wait to go next year on a retreat with him. It'll be my own personal reward when I complete the 108 days. There's your motivation, right?
Anyway, for dinner I decided to switch up my salads a bit and went asian this time. Well, my own little version of asian, anyway. I was craving for something light and fresh after that heavy pasta lunch I had. So I had a big bowl of iceberg lettuce and added alfalfa sprouts, bean sprouts and lots of edamames -God how I love edamames!-. I seasoned it all with olive oil, sea salt, pepper, apple cider vinegar, soy sauce and a couple splashes of Maggi sauce. Check it out:


Well, for vegan day two this wasn't so bad. Discovered a fave class and a big no-no restaurant. Learned a lot today ;)
See you all on the peaceful mat of Yin tomorrow! Namaste.

1 comment: