Thursday, June 13, 2013

Day 39


Flexibilty.
What can I say about Flexibility?
You really wanna know?
I HATED FLEXIBILTY.
It is the work of a very nasty devil disguised as Travis.
I think it could have been a number of things that made me hate it with all my heart. Bear with me and let's get to that conclusion together.
First of all I had an incredibly busy day running from one place to another. Things kept piling up and I just kept wishing I could clone myself just to get all the crap done.
At some point we were able to stop for lunch at an all American restaurant where I ordered a big, nasty, naughty and juicy cheeseburger. Why? Because sometimes that's what we need. Not a salad, or grilled chicken or tofu spread on lame-assed bread and chugging it down with some tea (wth?). No. Sometimes we need to reward ourselves, pamper ourselves or just indulge with some bad-assed food. Whoever claims that they haven't done this has their pants on fire. Just be sure to make this a once in a blue moon indulgence, eh? Don't go all crazy and stuff yo' faces all the time. And anyway, I regret NOTHING. Take a long, long look:


Moving along, I was finally able to do freakin' Flexibility at 10:00 pm. This right here could be one of the reasons I hated it. I don't like to do yoga, or any kind of exercise for that matter, at night. Nights are for other things.
This time I thought I would start with Hardcore just to get it out of the way. BIG MISTAKE. Legs were all shaky and wobbly the rest of the damn class.
Another factor that could have influcenced me to abhor Flexibility is that I was sweating like a pig the whole time! It's damn hot and humid now in Valencia and sweat kept getting into my eyes. My still-mascara-wearing eyes and it stung like a mother. *damn it*
The class seemed to drag on forever! The stupid warm up takes more than half of the class and then the stretching part that I like is so short it just doesn't make any sense why we had to warm up like beasts for such a meh stretch.
Oh dear. I truly hated it. I would trade it anyday for Strength, that's how much I hated it. Now I am tired beyond words and I don't know how I am even writing this entry today.
Next damn Thursday I'll do this freak class in the morning and see if it's any better; but for now if Flexibility were a man I would have kicked it in the nuts. Non-reactive mind? My ass!
For dinner I was barely able to get a Greek yogurt and a peach out of the fridge and ate them. I regretted the peach because I had to chew it.
I still have to do the &8^%&$# 20 minute meditation. I don't know how. I'll probably just keel over after 5 minutes and sleep on my zabuton.
Ale is more than over and out.
Ale is done.

6 comments:

  1. So what did you really think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Yariv!
      Honestly I was a bit put off by the class. I went into it thinking it was replacing Yin and expected more of a stretch class and found out it's just another extended flow class with a bit of stretching at the end. My body kept screaming for it to stop! I think that it coming after Balance and Strength the body is just overworked and it doesn't get the break it needs. But then again it could be one -or all- of those factors I mentioned above that's affecting my judgement. I'll give out a more extended -and calmer- opinion next Thursday when I do the class fresh in the morning. Thanks for asking!
      Namaste.

      Delete
  2. Ha ha your blog today cracked me up ! I actually enjoyed the class.. am curious what you think of the class next round but am going to resist skipping ahead to read :-) .. I also ironically had a burger - from McDonald's - tsk tsk !!! Was a travel day for me w baby and was soooooo hungry after we landed off the plane that was closest and DELICIOUS!! I find that core class is getting better for me - hopefully will start to see some results soon !! Hope you are recovering well !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Uma!
      Happy to see you are going strong with the program! Nothing wrong in having a nomnom burger every now and then. Life is too short, yes?
      And I never quite liked Flexibility, to be honest. Or Vitality. Or Strength. lol
      I absolutely love Balance, Hardcore and Cardio, though. I am keen to see what you think about Balance: a lot of the people who did the round at the same time as me never quite liked it and it is my all time fave.
      Keep yogaing, woman!

      Delete
  3. I love Flexibility lol. But then the world would be boring if we all liked the same things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Indeed! Diversity of opinion is what makes this fun ;)

      Delete