Friday, June 28, 2013

Day 53


After one hell of a good night's sleep -Xanax is one wonderful little pill- I was ready to meet Flexibility face on. What I wasn't counting on was the morning flying by and only being able to do Hardcore in warp speed.
When I stopped again and looked it was time to have lunch, so we drove out to another one of our fave spots right on the beach called Bergamonte and there we had one mean good lunch. We all had scrumptious snails cooked in olive oil with coarse sea salt and rosemary to share and then I ordered the most gorgeous rice cooked in a wood-fired oven. The fact that it's cooked in a wood-fired oven gives the rice such a unique texture and flavour that just keeps you digging that wooden spoon in and in till it's all gone.



After lunch we did some shopping and then headed back home where I got to Felxibility right away. Since the sun was almost down and there was a gentle sea breeze blowing, I did the class out on the terrace. This was a smart move, since the class flew by and I enjoyed every single moment of it -except that devilish yogi squat bind-. I didn't feel the warm up series was as long as the other times and the stretching was ok considering those are not my fave stretching poses. Progress? Maybe. We have to confirm next week.
After class, I just dumped my freshly stretched self on the couch to relax and watch some tv. I wasn't hungry at all because the rice dish is quite generous, so I just had a Greek yogurt.
Mom didn't mention any more of that crazy shit about moving here for months at a time today, but I am sure she will do so before she takes off. Just one more week to go folks! I gotta stay strong! Either that or go refill my prescription for Xanax because I only have two more magic pills. I'll refill anyway just to be on the safe side.
Mmkay everyone, off to meditate before it turns into a full blown nap. Good luck stretching those muscles and I'll see you all on our Gentle mats tomorrow.
Namaste ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment