Friday, July 5, 2013

Day 60


Happy Independence Day to all my American yogi peeps! I am not from the US, but I am also celebrating independence day from my mom. Ha!
Returning to my routine is very much welcomed on this 60th day of doing yoga. It wasn't very peaceful though because I had a lot of errands to do: grocery shopping, backed up things piling up at my desk to be looked after and taken care of and also the cleaning crew came today and we like to stay clear of them so we get out of the house.
I did manage to squeeze Hardcore in the morning, and to be honest, I don't think I could have done Flexibility to its fullest then because I did Strength so late last night. Those muscles need to recover!
Anyway, we escaped the house to have lunch at a very cute restaurant that has yummy food that tastes home cooked. I had a huge mixed greens salad with tomato, yellow corn, green olives and chopped tuna fish in a balsamic vinaigrette.


After lunch, we came back home and chilled for a while. The evening was very nice and a cool breeze was blowing, so I took my mat out on the terrace and did Flexibility. The class went fine and flowed smoothly; but when it was time to stretch I just wasn't feeling the love. I was uncomfortable the whole time and just wanted it to end. I just think that this class runs for too long. Agh. Some days are better than others, right? What I do love best about Flexibility is it's music: I think it has the best music of all the UY DVDs. Gotta remember and download those tracks!
For dinner I had some slices of Jamón Ibérico and a couple of Laughing Cow triangles spread on Carr's Melts Original flavor crackers. Damn those crackers are good! They melt in your mouth...nom nom.
Tomorrow I plan on NOT leaving the house. Totally staying in to regroup, recover and renew after all these days of rushing around. Glad that we have Gentle to complement my mellow plan.
Hope you guys are enjoying your 4th of July and having something nice on the grill. Have a good one!

2 comments:

  1. I am ambiguous about Flexibility. Like you, I find it too long and I would have liked less warm up and more stretching. Maybe they wanted to distinguish it more from Yin but I think they could have put in more varied stretches. Anyway hey ho, day 60, DONE!

    ReplyDelete