Friday, July 26, 2013

Day 82


Happy Friday at last! Although it took me quite a while to get on that mat: had to run some errands and took the dog to the vet. He's all fine now and has no more cold issues, but now it turns out his triglycerid levels are too high so she prescribed a daily pill that will control that. We have to go back in a month for some more bloodwork and see how that's going. I swear, if it's not one thing, it's another with this little dude. I love him to death and will give him the best care ever, but my heart breaks whenever I have to add another pill to his daily regime. Ah well. He's happy and that's what counts, yes?
So it was past noon when I got to Balance -I had done Hardcore before leaving house- and I am liking it more than ever. I know I sound like a broken record; but this is one awesome class. Always keeps me on my toes and each time I do it I see huge progress. Today I was able to hold the knee to elbow arm balance the whole time and then transition nicely back to down dog again. Ever soooo smoothly. While I was holding it I was going "wohooo", like such a yoga nerd. Funny thing though, I can do the arm balance on my right side; but when it's time to do it on the left side I can't even get into the pose. I remember being able to do it on both sides once a little while back, but now I've lost the muscle memory or something because I can't get into it on that side. Gotta keep at it.
Another thing that happened is that after class I kept on practicing crow and side crow, right? Crow went fine and I had the pillow in front of my face for if I fell -I didn't! yay!- and when I moved on to side crow I didn't move the pillow to the side, where I always fall on my face when I do it. So I was practicing and it was going super well because I can hold the pose longer before straightening the legs. So I was chilling there all up on the arm balance and when I went to straighten the legs, I planted my right cheekbone on the floor. All of my weight went on it. Felt like I was punched in the freakin' face. Bad. Laughed when it happened because it must have looked awesome, but it hurt like a mother. I quickly iced it and have been icing it most of the afternoon which has helped because even though it's a little swollen, it hasn't turned black. Hope it doesn't turn black or people are gonna call Social Services on the ole husband. *Oh officer! He punched me I swear! I never fall out of Balance during yoga!* Muahahaha!!
Anywayssss I have a sore cheekbone and that's all there's to it. Will keep on practicing that damn side crow till I nail it!
For lunch we had grilled pork chops and a mixed greens salad on the side. I only had one pork chop because they were HUGE. Huge and yummy.



In the afternoon I enjoyed some quiet time while my husband took my son to get his hair cut, but before I knew it they were back and we were killing zombies on the iPad. Btw, I am THE master of that stupid game. *can't get the tune outta my head*
For dinner I had some fresh mozzarella bufala and a bit of jamón Ibérico. Fruit for dessert ;)
Tomorrow we have Yin!! I am most grateful for Yin because my head, neck, shoulders and back are killing me. I am a disaster zone and need a break. Thank God for Yin.
Hope you're having a nice Friday and enjoying that happy hour. See you all on the mat tomorrow while we stretch the bejesus out of us.
Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment