Friday, July 19, 2013

Day 75


What an amazing Friday this has been! I am in such a good mood and it's mainly all thanks to Balance.
First off, I had loads to do in the morning, so I squeezed in Hardcore and got to my errands. Took lil' Idefix to the vet and he is doing so much better! We have to go back on Friday just for a final check up and we're done with that.
After much running around, I ended up doing Balance close to 1:00 pm. I can't say enough times how much I love this class. Everything about it -except Happy Baby pose, of course- the flow, the music, the poses, the challenge it presents, the feel good pain everywhere... Just lovely.
Today I dived into the class with the best of attitude and super positive energy and it paid off amazingly well. Supreme Balance? Ha! What's so supreme about it? Flying Pigeon? About to take off. Half Moon? Half Moon cooperated today! Tried going into the pose without a block and I can do it, but I feel my alignment is so much better using a block, so I will keep it close at hand for that one. I am still having a hard time transitioning from Dancer to Half Moon Hip Stretch but I was finally able to see why. It's because of the block that I need! I can lower my hand nicely and start to roll open my hips when damn! there's no block down there for my hand to rest on and that's when I fall out of the pose completely. I tried setting up the block beforehand for the other side, but it wasn't there where my hand ended up; so gotta come up with a solution for that.
Arm balances went extremely well: no slip and slide this time and I am able to hold the balances longer each time. This part in particular makes me feel so good! I have always loved arm balances and I am planning to take a workshop on them as soon as we finish the 108 cycle. I want guided asistance concerning alignment and positioning, as well as learning new ones. I just think it's pretty damn cool to be able to do arm balances.
So, as you can see it went extremely well for me today. I was a bit concerned that I was going to be all sore and tired from yesterday's ass kicking from Strength; but it wasn't so. By the end of the class I was happy, happy and wore a grin on my face for the rest of the day. It also makes me think "You go, girl" when my husband walks by while I am in class and tells me that I am getting better and better at Balance each day. Gives me such a high it's redonkulous.
Oh! Another thing I wanteed to mention is that Balance is the only class that makes me want to keep practicing well after it's over; so after my Shavasana, I stick around and practice for a half hour more or so on things I liked about it. Practice makes perfect, right?
All right! Moving on. For lunch we had taquitos al pastor with chopped onions, cilantro and homemade salsa. Taquitos al pastor is a typical mexican dish and it is made with seasoned and marinated pork in a load of spices and chiles all served in a corn tortilla. It's just so nom nom...


In the afternoon I tried to read my book for a while under the shade but I kept dozing off. Not a bad way to spend the afternoon, right? The only downside is that my son's summer soccer camp ends today, and as much as I love my little dude, time no longer belongs to me when he's at home, you know what I mean?
Looking forward to going away on vacation in two weeks time; and when we get back, he's got summer sailing camp, so that should be fun. Ahhh... how I love summertime.
For dinner I had a fresh mixed greens salad, but this time I added mozzarella bufala to the mix. Sorry yogis: forgot to take photo, but trust me when I tell ya it was very good ;)
Mañana we have Yin!! So more happiness coming my way! It's looking to be a good weekend for me -yes, even with Cardio on Sunday-.
Hope you had an awesome Friday and are getting ready to enjoy your weekend. Sending good vibes to all of you!
Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment