Sunday, July 14, 2013

Day 70


What a nice round number, right yogis? We have been at it for SEVENTY days straight. We are now stronger, wiser, calmer and so much more balanced than before. God bless yoga!
Today I did Gentle right before we left for the beach. I have to say again that Gentle is one of my favorite classes: the music, the mellow feeling of it all is just wonderful. I specially like the neck rolls that we do at the beginning: I can hear every vertebrae crack and pop with gratefulness. Another favorite part is the shoulder roll that we do in triangle pose. I feel my shoulders opening up and then going perfectly back in their sockets. Such a lovely groovy class.
After the class, I packed all our things for the beach and off we went. The day was just lovely: not too much sun and not too many clouds. The breeze was blowing softly, the water was at the perfect temperature and the ocean was a bit choppy so the waves were a lot of fun.
For our veggie lunch, I had a tortilla de papa sandwich. This is kind of a potato and onions frittata slice put inside a baguette. I didn't take a pic of mine, but I found this one online that looked very much like mine so you can get an idea:


The rest of the afternoon I spent most of the time dozing on and off: the perfect Sunday.
Back home I had a mixed greens salad with pine nuts, cucumbers, onions and bits of fresh goat cheese in a balsamic vinaigrette for dinner. For dessert I had a Greek yogurt and a humongous fresh peach. Hope all of you have been doing well with your raw lifestyle these days. Post some pics of those raw dishes! We wanna see!


Tomorrow is Yin. I can't tell you enough times how happy I am that Yin is back and that we have it tomorrow. Yay for Yin! I am also excited to see how I have improved with stretching and flexibility this past section of the cycle. I want to see if I can stretch any further than before. Will let you all know tomorrow.
Hope you all had a wonderful weekend and I leave you with a pic of me and my hubby at the beach today. Namaste!

No comments:

Post a Comment