Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Day 79


Well, today I went and had my hair done with this new girl who totally understood what I wanted. It makes such a difference when you find a good hairdresser that "gets you"! Two years ago I had an idiot take a crap on my hair and it took me more than a year to grow out that bad haircut. For men a bad haircut is "Meh. It'll grow back". For a woman it's the end of the world. At least it is for me. Call me vain or whatevs, but my hair, among other things, is pretty important to me. Looking good is part of feeling good! If not we would all be kicking it back on the couch eating cupcakes and whatnot with weird hair and B.O. Oh man! LOL! Anyway, today was a good day in my books and I'm sticking to that.
Now we all know that getting hair done takes freakin' hours, so when I got back it was time for lunch already. Today we had fideuá, which is a typical Spanish dish and it's basically the same as paella, but instead of rice, it's made with macaroni pasta. Check it out:


In the afternoon, after doing some errands, I went ahead and did Mountain Pose Series. As usual, this class just glided by smoothly. Although, I don't think I have mentioned this before, but doesn't anybody out there think that movement where Travis asks us to "get that backbend action" is pretty weird? The arm movement, the bending of the knees, the backbend... I mean, you can actually see a couple of the people there going "huh?" with that one. Anyway, Mountain Pose is a nice "day off", to put it somehow.
I spent the rest of the afternoon chilling with my son and playing more Plants vs Zombies. One can never have too much Plants vs Zombies, according to him. *yikes!*
For dinner I had some Gouda cheese with Carr's crackers and some fresh fruit for dessert.
Tomorrow we have CrossTrain and Hardcore and I have NO IDEA when I will be able to do them. The cleaning crew comes over tomorrow so we plan to go to the beach early. Will try to at least fit CrossTrain before leaving because there's no way in hell I'll do the class after the beach. I know myself. Anyway, I'll figure it out and give you the final version tomorrow.
Hope you had a good "day off" and we'll talk some more tomorrow.
PS Huge congrats to Loreta, who just finished her 108 cycle today and is now one awesome Ultimate Yogini!

No comments:

Post a Comment