Thursday, July 11, 2013

Day 67


Hello Flexibility and adiós foreva! No mo' of this weird class ever! This is one DVD I'm glad  to see go away. We won't have to do it again for this cycle and I am not gonna incorporate it in my rotation after we finish. I plan to keep the momentum going and I will keep doing all of the other 11 DVDs -yes, even Strength- after the 108 cycle is done; but Flexibility is one DVD I will not be doing, as well as yoga on the weekends. Weekends are made to rest and take it easy and Flexibility is made for other kinds of people that just happen to NOT be me. The flow is meh okay and the stretches, which Travis calls "rewards", are so not my cup of tea. As much as I love Yin, the stretches in Flexibility are weird, uncomfortable and I have seen no benefits come out of them. So, after all I have said above and because I just don't like it, I am happy to see it go. Adiós bitchacho! Back into the cardboard box you go.
Today I did the class close to noon, but I worry no more because of my lovely fan. I gave the class the send off it deserved and again, didn't connect with it. Something I haven't said before is that when we are finally on the floor to stretch, that pose where we have one leg straight and the other ungodly bent and tucked to the side is AWFUL. So freakin' uncomfy for my knee, my foot, my hip... all of it! What the hell is that? How are we supposed to stretch that way? Bonkers, is what that is. My hat's off to all of you that enjoy it and who plan to keep at it; but this yogini is just not feeling it.
I also feel that the transition from double seated pigeon stretch to Shavasana is very abrupt; feels like Travis suddenly noticed he had been going on for too long with the class and had to suddenly end it one way or another.
Anyway dudes, no point in rambling on about something that's gone. Far away. *shimmy dance*
After the class I went ahead and did Hardcore just to get it out of the way. 300 crunches? Done!
So, as a celebration of no more Flexishiznit, hubby and I went out to lunch tapas style. Eating tapas gives you the advantage of eating lots of different things but in small portions. They are usually presented on top of a slice of bread. Here's a pic of some I had:


The first one is a fresh crab spread with shaved white thing on top (no clue what it is but tastes good). Second one is a seafood stuffed piquillo pepper with caviar and shaved zucchini on top. The third one is smoked salmon with shaved onions and capers on top.
We also had fresh oysters on the shell. They were D.I.V.I.N.E.


After our lovely lunch we headed back home where I kept at my decluttering mission and this time I tackled my handbag trunk. Before, when I've "tackled" my precious trunk, I just rearranged them but never got rid of any -I have a serious compulsive problem with handbags. Handbags and books-. Well, today I took out two. TWO! Holy crap I can't believe I did that. I'm about to go get them back from the church lady I gave them to. What the frock was I thinking? Pfft. I've lost my mojo for the day. Damn it.
Moving on -as if it were so easy: I have TWO handbags gone!- for dinner I had fresh fruit and a Greek yogurt. Light, nice and easy.
Another mojo killer? No Gentle tomorrow. Nope. We face Detox because we're about to reach our 72 Sun Salutations! So de-gunk all you can because we gotta be ready.
Sending good vibes your way!
Namaste.

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha aduos bitchacho - love it ! I for some reason didn't mind flexible but am excited to have yin back !!! Can't believe day 72 is nearing. Last week was tough - I travel for work had to plan sons 1st birthday and dealing w some personal dilemmas - getting to the mat was not easy - but like Travis said put one foot in front of the other and keep moving right ! Fake it till you make it. Am def stronger both physically& mentaly so hopefully by day 108 will see some signadancant changes. Crab shave sounds so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey!!
      First of all happy bday to your boy! One year olds are soooo cute!
      Second of all, hope your personal dilemmas are resolving; and if they are not, take a deep breath and mull it over a nice glass of vino and hopefully you'll see clearer.
      And finally, you will see that by day 108 you are going to surprise yourself by sailing through those Sun Salutations. It is amazing to see how strong we get!
      Yoga on, Uma!!

      Delete