Saturday, July 6, 2013

Day 62


Detox and Hardcore on this lazy Saturday? Ugh. Today is one of those days that the last thing you wanna do is 300 crunches and de-gunk yourself. But we keep rolling out that mat because we are on our way to becoming the Ultimate Yogi, yes? Commitment is my middle name, dudes! *eyes rolling*
So, today I woke up pretty late and had a nice, lazy morning. I didn't have enough time to do Detox, but I did squeeze Hardcore in. These days it has been so hot that doing the class in the evenings outside seems like the best way to go. The breeze is stronger and I enjoy it more. The only downside are those damned mosquitoes whose life goal is to bleed me dry. Pfft to them! It's a whole other challenge doing yoga while slapping yourself every minute or so.
But before talking about Detox, let's talk about lunch. Today I whipped up some of my famous steak tacos. This dish is one of my sons' favorites and it's a joy to watch him eat so happy. The tacos have sliced steak, bits of chorizo, a couple french fries and spicy homemade salsa all wrapped up in a flour tortilla. Oh my God. Sinfully good, is what they are.


After lunch I grabbed my book and went out on the terrace with all the intention of catching up on my reading. What happened was that I napped for two whole hours! We couldn't even go to the movies to see Despicable Me 2 -we're going tomorrow no matter what!-. I gotta say it was time wonderfully spent: I have piles and piles of stuff to do, but none of it is getting done today. Sorry. I need a lazy day.
Anyway, around 6:00 pm I rolled out the mat and de-gunked myself. Detox is one damn good class. I feel a lot of relief on my back after doing it: all those twists really help set my spine right back where it belongs. I love the flow of it and I'm getting better at keeping calm during that itty bit of torture there where we are in revolved half moon and whatnot. Progress always feels good, yes?
For dinner I had fresh goat cheese with some Carr's crackers and fresh fruit for dessert. Now on to that couch to watch a movie and then off to bed to try and read for a bit.
Sunday Cardio awaits and I am more than ready for it. It's on, baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment