Thursday, July 25, 2013

Day 81


Dear God. Every day we have Strength I try to approach it with a positive attitude and it always fails. It's not that I can't do the damn class. It's that it drains me physically and mentally. I try to be calm and happily do all the asanas trying not to think about when it will be over; but as we reach that halfway point I start to mentally get exhausted and keep hoping we were closer to the end. These past few days my neck, shoulders and back have been bothering me a lot, so that isn't helping either. I know this is one of the most important classes of the program because it gives us that awesome body strength; but that doesn't mean it's one of my favorites.
I almost had a stroke today laughing because right when we are ready to call for an ambulance after those pushups, forearm plank and knee to elbow deal without a moment's rest, an image of Travis as the "yoga nazi" popped into my head -channeling Seinfeld here and the soup nazi-. I could almost hear him: "No quinoa for you!". *I'm such a nerd*
Anyway morning was hectic as usual and I ended up doing lovely Strength at 2:00 pm. We had lunch right after and by then everybody was starving. We had chilled avocado cream soup with olive oil drizzled on top and a fresh pasta salad.



Later in the afternoon I went to have one of those therapeutic back and neck massages but I am sad to say it wasn't helping today. I am still pretty sore, so I will be popping in a muscle relaxant and plugging that heating pad on.
I am posting this early because muscle relaxant knocks me out cold -God knows I need a good night's sleep!- I am hoping for sushi for dinner tonite; but hubby has to bring it on his way back from work. Don't know if he'll make it on time. If all else fails, we have trusty Greek yogurt and fresh fruit in the fridge.
Hope you had a better time with Strength than me and we'll talk tomorrow, when I'll be happier because it's Balance ;)
Namaste!

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness ! Strength sure kicks butt - like you say bithcacho :-):-)
    I will confess I have gotten stronger but still challenged in this class !!
    Home stretch now - another 27 days - woot woot ! Hope all is well w you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wohoo!! You are almost there Uma!! And yes: strength will always be a nasty bastardo; but you are only 27 days away from completing UY!! So happy for you :)

      Delete
  2. This programme does take a lot out of you (well, it does me anyway!) and I am being so careful not to injure myself by working at about 85/90% and not going all out. Yet, I am feeling twinges here and there i.e. wrists, elbows, shoulders, etc. I have come to the conclusion that this is for fit people in their 20's/30's. All of us oldies need to really listen to our bodies and take care not to overdo it ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen sister. I wish I could turn back time and stopped the program when my neck and back issues became too much. But I did not and a herniated disc later here we are, lol
      Don't be like me! Be careful!

      Delete
    2. I am being super careful. Back to doing all push ups on the knees or skipping them completely. My main issue is a sore right wrist, both elbows and my right bicep and shoulder.

      Delete