Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Day 73


Aaaaand we get back on track after three days of taking it easy.
I was excited today to have CrossTrain back; but as much as I hurried with errands in the morning, I was not able to fit the class in at a decent hour. I had to do some stuff and then take my dog to the vet for a check up. She said he's doing better, but we still have to go back on Friday since he's still on antibiotics.
After much running around I rolled out the mat close to 1:00 pm. Once the class started, all the rushing around seemed to melt away and time stood still. Don't know if I have mentioned this before; but at the beginning of the cycle I kept glancing at that watch to see how much time of my day I would have left to do stuff. Now I just don't give a flying duck: once I roll out that mat everything and everyone can and will wait, hence the time stood still remark. I give all -I mean ALL- of my time to do things for others or to take care of things for others. Well, it's been over a month since I decided that Ale can have one whole hour -or hour and a half if we have Hardcore- to do her yoga in peace. Things can get done later and if not, well too bad. There. Good for me, yes?
Anyway, CrossTrain glided by ever so nicely! I didn't know how much I had missed it till I did it again today. My favorite poses are in there, we get good Cardio, awesome Balance, mean Stength...it's a cute little bundle of joy this CrossTrain of ours. I found it easier to do today and again surprised myself with the good physical stamina that I have been building up with this program. I did struggle a bit with Half Moon Pose though and kept falling out of it. My guess is that I think I don't need the block anymore to do it, so I will experiment with no block next class to see if it's better that way. If it's not, then today Half Moon wasn't supposed to be.
Right after the class was over I did Hardcore and got my 300 crunches done. Don't you guys feel weird with Travis kinda "whispering" the class on this one? He's so damn serious with that tone of voice! Heehee.
So, for lunch today we had yummness. Yes: yumness. Grilled giant prawns and cigalas. There are no cigalas in the US, so I'm gonna label them as langoustines. They are so meaty and flavorful it's sinful. We also had a mixed greens salad with cherry tomatoes in a balsamic vinaigrette.



In the afternoon I thought about decluttering my bathroom, but that's as far as it got: just a thought. I also thought about giving myself a manicure, but it also remained a thought. Sounds like I procrastinated a lot this afternoon, but I actually didn't. I don't know what the hell I did but I didn't even get time to chill under the shade with my book. Just did an itty bit here, an itty bit there and when I looked, my son was back from soccer camp and it was Plants vs Zombies time. Oh yes: Zombies be damn scared of Ale because I pack a mean garden.
After fooling around the rest of the afternoon it was time for dinner. Tonite I had a finger lickin' cheeseburger because that quinoa one I had the other day just kept me wishing for a REAL cheeseburger, so I ate it tonite. I regret NOTHING! Ha!


Now it's time to lounge on the couch for a while before bed. Tomorrow is Stupid Strength. Good luck with that one yogis, because it's a (w)itch. See ya all tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. I missed Cross Train too. And it's fun to compare how we have progressed from Cycle One. My balance is still sh*te but there was still a tiny bit of improvement and strength and cardio were much better than before. I am yawning now though lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! It is eye opening how much we improve! And fear not: Balance will be one of those. Just you wait and see.

      Delete