Monday, July 8, 2013

Day 64


Hello Mellow Monday! And hello routine! Today my son started his soccer summer camp, so he will be gone from the house the same hours as if he were going to school. This is good for him because he ends up getting bored from staying at home and having only us to play with, and it's good for me because I can actually get things done. He left all smiles this morning excited to see his soccer buddies, his coaches and to break in his new soccer boots. I told you before: boys are soooo easy to please ;)
As I sent him off I got to doing stuff around the house. First thing I did was Mountain Pose series. It sets a nice tone to the rest of my day and frees up the rest of my time to go about daily life.
The class was very mellow and chill, as usual; but I found myself fidgeting during Pranayama and I couldn't quite focus during meditation. I guess it was because I was itching to get things that had been piling up finally done.
After class and a quick shower I tackled a couple of rooms in the house that needed some serious decluttering. I got rid of a lot of stuff that was just sitting there and freed up some much needed space. I still have to keep at it for the rest of the week: I ain't stoppin' till it's all done!
By lunchtime I was starving so I ate almost all of this wonderful grilled steak and corn:


After lunch I kept at "Operation Declutter" but had to stop after a while because my middle back was killing me! Seriously. I don't know what the hell happened but I couldn't get any relief. Thank God I had scheduled a neck and back therapeutic massage because it was exactly what I needed. The girl who gave me the massage said my middle back was a bit inflamed -without me telling her that it was bothering me- and got right to it. Well let's call her "Magic Hands" from now on because after 45 minutes she fixed me straight. It was instant relief! Next time I have this kind of discomfort I am going straight away to her because she did wonders. Good thing the spa is right across the street also ;)
Anyway, after feeding my little soccer star dinner -who ate like a homeless man- I had myself just a Greek yogurt because I wasn't very hungry after eating that big ol' steak.
Happy because we have Balance tomorrow!
Hope you all had a cool Monday and I'll see you in crow pose tomorrow.
*remember to wear capris so I won't slip and slide*

No comments:

Post a Comment